Sunday, July 10, 2016

Open This Little Book = Library Gold!

When we go to the library, we play with games and legos.  We go to story time.  We pick up books, movies, or CDs we've reserved.  But honestly, I'm a bit lazy about requesting books for the girls.  So we usually spend a good portion of the time letting the girls choose books too.

Charly just grabs a bunch off the shelves and shoves them at me.  I really think she puts no thought into what she chooses, which is probably to be expected from a 1.5-year-old.  And to the casual observer it might appear that Lizzy Jo employs the same method.  But her choices usually include a healthy stack of Christmas books (yes, even yesterday, at the beginning of July), and she went through a similar phase with truck books.  And since her only criteria for choosing a book is the topic, we've gone home with some real doozies.  Little Blue Truck, Little Blue Truck Leads the Way, Red Truck...I'm just waiting for her to find Little Blue Truck's Christmas.  Yuck!

But we recently struck library gold.  Dave and I try to get a few quality books to check out at the same time so that we don't go crazy reading all of the books Lizzy Jo has chosen.  Here's the gem that I found this week:






This is such a cute little book!  It's like a literary nesting doll.  Lizzy Jo has asked me to read this book five times since we checked it out yesterday.  And I've asked her to read it to me too!  Every time we read through it she exclaims, "The pages are getting smaller!!!"





It does get a little confusing, reading a book about animals that read books about animals reading books...you get the picture.  But it's just so fun and the illustrations are really endearing.  Every time we read it, I just want to start it again.  If your library has it, you should check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation!! And I had to laugh that you don't like the Little Blue Truck because that is a FAVORITE at our house and I often buy it for friends who are expecting little boys. Maybe it's a boy thing? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of this book and I'm hoping that my branch carries it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorie, I have to admit that I am kind of a kid book snob...but privately. I would never tell Lizzy Jo that I hated any of the books that she chooses and likes so much. But Blue Truck seriously makes me sooooooo bored.

    Natalia, I hope it does too! It's really so fun.

    ReplyDelete