Monday, August 28, 2017

First Day of School!

Lizzy Jo went to her first day of preschool today!  I can't believe this adorable baby


has already turned into this adorable girl.


Here are a few pictures of dropping her off:

 



She went right in and got started on a project without looking back

...but then she remembered that she loves me and came back for a hug and kiss!

And here she is at the end of the day.
Charly couldn't resist getting in on the action and getting a sticker.



She was pretty happy when I picked her up, but she said that she was sad and nervous during class (Actually at first she said she felt guilty!  It's hard to identify those negative emotions sometimes.).  I asked her if she cried when I dropped her off and she said, "Well, I had some water fill up my eyes, and I made some squeaky noises by my cubby by the door.  Then I stopped making squeaky noises, but there was still water on my cheek right here [pointing]. But then it was okay."  The rest of today was a bit emotional and I can tell it's going to take some time to adjust.

A quick update about her in general.  She is a creative girl.  She loves to color, draw, sing, dance, craft (cut, tape, glue, create!), write stories (with lots of help, but she frequently writes down several words by herself), and play imaginatively.  Here is a video of her singing and spelling, singing about our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment