Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Canal

As a child, I was told never to go near the canal that ran behind my aunt and uncle's house. The concern was understandable: there were always a lot of young cousins at those family gatherings, and it was hard to keep track of them all. The swift-moving canal was the last place the family wanted to find the children at.

But that's exactly where I was yesterday! A few of us older cousins decided to get tubes and raft a mile or two down the canal. It was cold!! But the enjoyment was endless as we indulged in the feeling of being old enough to do something we had been forbidden to do in the past. Who says aging is unpleasant?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I want to be floating down the forbidden canal too! Sounds like you had lots of fun-wish I lived closer to our cousins!

    ReplyDelete