Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of my very first ever Tag on my blog! I started my blog on July 4th, 2008, and my first tag was later that month, on the 28th.

To be honest, I wasn't sure that my blog would last this long. I liked it, and I thought that it was a fun way to get myself to journal again. But it also kind of seemed like a fad that I would get over. And in a way, my idea of blogging has really changed over the last year.

When I first started blogging, I was doing it mostly as a record-keeping endeavor. I had fun with it, and I would frequently think, "I should blog about that." I liked thinking that I had something to say about things, whether people read it or not.

Now when I blog, I think about what people will think about what I'm writing, and will anyone comment, blah blah blah. I have become a people pleaser on my blog!! And I also think way less about what I could blog about, and more,"I wonder who has posted today!"

THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE!! I am going to try to go back to my blogging roots. I am going to try to think of things throughout the day that could be good material for a blog post. I'm going to be interested in blogging for me. And I'm going to start using my camera and posting pictures on my blog. It's been a long time since I thought about taking pictures to document my activities.

For a quick update: Dave and I ended up not hiking Baldy this last weekend, but we both still would like to go, so we're thinking of doing it this Saturday. If any of you would like to join us, let me know!
It'll be tons of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I like the blogs where people just write to write. I kind of funny the things they write about. I find myself thinking about what people will think about what I write and I really should try harder to write for me. Thanks for reminding me of that:)

    ReplyDelete