Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two weird things

Okay, so this isn't the most interesting post ever. But in the moment these things were interesting to me, and it was fun to write about them.

Weird Thing Number One: I read this post by my friend Ashley. She's been living in Iceland for the last little while, and she posted some pictures recently. If you scroll down, the second-to-last picture is of a starfish that they found. Here's what she had to say about it:

"We strangely found a starfish stranded in the middle of no where about 30 feet above water. No idea how it got there. We picked it up to find that it was still barely alive. We threw it back into the ocean to give it a fighting chance. Hope it made it!"

My first thought was, "What if the starfish was trying to commit suicide?" As ridiculous as that sounds, after that thought I gave at least 5 minutes more to thinking about the possibility/likelihood that an animal (like a starfish) would/could commit suicide. I'll admit I haven't convinced myself yet that it's possible. But I've had an interesting conversation with myself about it!

Weird Thing Number Two: For about the last 15 minutes or so, when I would use the mouse on my computer, a left click would engage an item about a half inch to the right of where I was pointing the mouse. I hope that made sense. What I mean is, if I wanted to minimize a window, I had to put the mouse a half inch to the left of the minimize button in order for it to work. It took me a while to figure out what was happening, so I was getting pretty frustrated before that!

1 comment: