Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mormon.org Profiles

You've probably noticed the button to the right that says "I'm A Mormon."  Well, we only have one button, but Dave and I are both Mormons!  Or, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  You can check out my profile or Dave's profile, and please feel free to share them or the mormon.org website with any of your friends interested in learning more about the LDS Church.

My faith is very important to me.  I am so glad to be a believer in Jesus Christ.  Here are some things that I think about as I think of how I live my faith:

In my congregation, I am part of the leadership in our women's organization, the Relief Society. I occasionally teach a lesson on spiritual matters to the women at the beginning of the month. I also plan and coordinate monthly activities that help them fulfill the purposes of Relief Society: "Relief Society prepares women for the blessings of eternal life by helping them increase their faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and help those in need." I especially want to help women fulfill the first purpose by helping them increase and feel satisfaction in their faith in Jesus Christ.

I love participating in the Relief Society. I like to attend activities that bring the women closer together. The women of the church need to stand together and support each other by relating through common experiences. The organization assigns visiting teachers to visit each woman and make sure that her individual needs are being met. I love being a visiting teacher. I love to get to know new women and to develop relationships with them.

An important part of my faith is giving service. So I am always looking for new service opportunities.

Another important part of my faith is the effort that I make to improve my knowledge of and faith in my Savior. Some of the ways that I make that effort are reading the scriptures daily, praying daily, giving service, and attending church meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment