Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tag!! Random Things

I was not tagged by my niece Steff at Iffy Inklings.  :D  But I am doing the tag anyway!

Here are the rules: 
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.



Random Items:
1. When I make lists, I like to have the numbers for each item written down before I write the actual items.  So, for example, before I started typing my random things about myself, in my blog post I had this list of just numbers:
1. 
2. 
3. 
4. 
5. 
6. 
7. 
8. 
9. 
10. 
11.  
And then I filled them in.  :D

2.You don't have to look any farther than the first post on my blog to find something truly random.

3. I really like the band Creed, and other Christian rock.

4. I don't like cheese on things with warm meat, usually.  I am okay with it in lasagna and dishes like that.  But I don't like it on hamburgers or sandwiches with warm meat.  I also don't like cheese dips.  Basically, I don't usually like it melted at all.

5. I do not like the feeling of my pants pulled up.  For example, if I am wearing pajama pants to bed, I take about 30 seconds after I lie down to pull the legs of the pants down after they are pulled up by the blankets when I get in.  I also have to straighten my shirt so that it's completely covering my belly and not bunched up on one side.  This drives Dave nuts.

6. I don't really like ice skating that much.  It's a mixture of disliking being cold, disliking the chafing of my ankles by the skates, and unpleasant memories of awkward hours spent at the ice skating rink in Junior High.

7. I am probably not going to watch any of the Hunger Games movies.  I really liked the books, but they were really violent.  Usually movies are even more so than the books (Lord of the Rings?  Anyone?), so I don't think that I'm interested in watching it in a movie when I censored the violence in my imagination while reading the book.

8. I am such a nerd and I love to sit in the car and listen to NPR instead of getting out of the car and going inside.

9. I LOVE onions and garlic!  And I love that supposedly that's the reason why I hardly ever get bitten by bugs or mosquitoes.

10. I usually don't wear dresses.  When I dress up, it is almost always a skirt and shirt combo.

11.  For three summers now, Dave and I have wanted to go camping in Washington State, near Lake Ozette.  And we've put it off each time.  Hopefully Summer 2012 is the time we make it happen!

Here are the questions that Steff asked:

1) What is your favorite game to play on your phone? My phone only has game demos, so it's really annoying to play the games on my phone cause they quit after like 2 minutes.  But when I'm really bored, I do enjoy 2 minutes of Tetris.
2) What was something silly you did as a kid? Imaginary friend, suck your thumb until you were ten, etc. When I was little, I had a hard time understanding the difference in age between my sister and me (she is only 15 months younger than me).  So when I turned 4, I thought that for sure that year we would end up being the same age.
3) What is your favorite brand and style of shoes? I don't have a favorite brand, but I like flats.
4) What is the most money you'd pay for art in your home? I'd pay maybe $50 for something that I really liked.  And I guess I'd also pay for it to be framed (inexpensively).  I'd actually like to do another post just talking about a few of my favorite paintings.
5) What's your favorite food you can find in the frozen aisle? Ice cream.  Did anyone expect me to answer differently?
6) Do you like to travel? Yes, I love it!
7) Do you wear glasses or contacts? Both.  I prefer contacts, but I am starting to wear glasses more and more to give my eyes a rest from the contacts (since they have started to have some kind of auto-immune reaction to them, which causes eye irritation).
8) What genre of book do you like to read? Fiction of all kinds.
9) What is a job you wish you could do? (Even if you thought you didn't have the brains or ability to do it, like gymnast or astronaut or something.) President of the United States.
10) Do you like hot or cold weather? Cold.
11) What is your favorite drink? (Alcoholic or not.) Milk.

And here are my questions for Camber, Lorie, and Sara.

1. If there was one place that you would want to live, where would it be?
2. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
3. Who are you planning on voting for in November?
4. What is your favorite thing to do to waste time?
5. What is your favorite song to listen to right now?
6. What are you reading right now?
7. Do you like shoes?  How many pairs do you have?
8. Does your husband ever force you to try something that you detest (like licorice)?
9. Could you tell that there was a story behind Question Number 8?
10. What is one rule that you implement/plan on implementing with your children?
11.  Do you currently own or want to own a pet?  What kind of pet?

(Again, as I was coming up with my questions, I wrote down the numbers 1-11 first.  :D) 

Okay, so this tag was a little more involved than I wanted it to be.  So, if you don't want to do all of that, you can get rid of the random things at the beginning, or you can just have the people you tag answer the same questions as you instead of creating new questions.  Or you can have them answer the same questions as me.  Or do whatever you want to (gosh!).

3 comments:

  1. When I started this tag, I thought, 'Hey, this will be easy!' And then I finished it and thought it was quite laborious! But fun nonetheless. I for sure thought the silly thing you did as a kid was eat tons of salt for a while! i still think of you when I use salt, and Erin eating SO many lemons whenever I use lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the Hunger Games and my eyes have done the same thing with my contacts!

    Working on my tag post right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my tag post! Sorry, I kind of cheated and only answered your questions, because I couldn't think who to tag next. But it was fun! And I love the bit about thinking your little sister was going to be the same age as you. My little brother used to think that too. Crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete