Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Fleur-de-Lis in New Orleans

*This post was actually written on 8/30/11, but I put it here because it fit better here, and this is when I should have written it!*

When I was in New Orleans, I took a bunch of pictures.  Some of my favorite pictures were of the fleur-de-lis, which is found everywhere in New Orleans.  Apparently, the fleur-de-lis is a symbol of grassroots support for New Orleans' recovery from Hurricane Katrina.  It's also a symbol for the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Zephyrs.

I thought that I took a lot more pictures of the fleur-de-lis, but apparently I didn't.  So the first 4 pictures are mine, and then I took some from Lena's Facebook page.  It was fun to find them all over New Orleans.









Fun, huh!?

No comments:

Post a Comment