Thursday, September 8, 2011

The LDS Prophet on What We've Learned from 9/11

The prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Thomas S. Monson, wrote a guest post in the Washington Post "On Faith" section.  He shared his feelings about the September 11th attacks and how faith has waxed and wained in people over the 10 years since the attacks.  His message emphasizes that we should seek greater and greater faith in God and Jesus Christ all throughout our lives, not just after great tragedies.  Our Savior always wants to be a part of our lives.

I know that Jesus Christ wants to be a part of my life.  I am grateful for the times that I've been able to rely on my faith to get me through hard times.  I am also grateful that I can strengthen that faith and my relationship with the Savior through praying, reading the scriptures (the Bible, the Book of Mormon, and other inspired works), giving service, and attending church meetings.  These are things that everyone can do, and that everyone can do daily.  We never have to feel alone.

I am grateful to know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet, and to be able to read and be inspired by his words.  You can read his article here, or read some of his other inspiring words here.

No comments:

Post a Comment