Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thanks Giving

I am so glad it's November! Thanksgiving Day is coming up, and I'm going to follow my cousin's example and focus my blog posts on things I'm thankful for this month.

I am thankful for the Book of Mormon. It's a book of scripture that was written by ancient prophets to testify of Jesus Christ, and it was brought forth by a modern-day prophet, Joseph Smith, to be a companion witness with the Bible.

A couple verses from the Book of Mormon that teach about giving thanks are Alma 34:37-38. In these verses a prophet names Amulek is testifying. He says, speaking of the things that he desires the people to do:

"That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."

I am thankful for Jesus Christ and for all that he has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment